Norwich Fashion Week!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012














After feeling ill yesterday I was hoping that I would feel a lot better for today. As today was the designers show at Norwich Fashion Week. The designs on show were from local designers as well as up and coming designers from Norwich City College.

From the top of the photographs:

There were some amazing pieces! Beautiful pastels colours, amazing underwear (or out-a-wear, depending on how brave you are!) from Alice Bodgener started off the catwalk show. My favourite piece was a beautiful blue t shirt that had floral detail bib collar! It is definitely a piece my wardrobe wants!

Now as a bride to be I found Jane Kenning's white dress amazing! Definitely a statement piece. I was sitting relatively near the front and nearly got knocked out my dress! (literally, it was massive. Big Fat Gypsy wedding dresses eat your heart out!!!) All the other pieces in the collection were beautiful too!

I love knitwear and usually as spring/summer comes round the corner you have to give it up! But not with Peggy's Collection! The knits were perfect for the summer. A great cover up for those cooler evenings! Again another lovely wedding style dress! The perfect combination of knitwear and wedding elegance.

Sally Ronaldson's label Brown Cow collection was amazing! And best of all it's guilt free fashion as it's all reworked from recycled material. The gorgeous crochet jacket is something I NEED! And the dress underneath was beautiful and floral and perfect! I love this collection! I WANT!!

Now my favourite! The amazing Monkey Mash! Words cannot explain how beautiful this collection is! Amazing fabrics! And the tube map dress! Oh my. I love it soooo much. It's something I need to get my hands on. The whole collection is just beautiful. A kitsch print tube skirt would fit perfectly in my wardrobe! Please Monkey Mash can I have everything???? PLEASE!

Marian Eve Williams collection was beautiful and romantic! Perfect for summer. I particularly loved the floral kimono (ish) jacket. It would look amazing dressed up but sooo perfect dressed down with jeans and heels!

Marilyn Thomas's collection Verandah was really cute! Perfect little jumpers and cardigans to wear with floral skirts and shorts. They looked great. I really loved the styling with the little bowler hats! They went so well together! Note to self must get a bowler hat!

I have always loved Poppy Valentine and this collection didn't disappoint. The dresses were vintage and retro inspired and they were just breath taking and beautiful. Again I could quite easily live off the entire collection for spring/summer!

The show ended with an amazing collection Cocoon. The label was created by the fashion design students at Norwich City College, it was set up to showcase the amazing talent the students have. And it was great! The clothes were amazing, dresses with extreme shoulder pads, leather luxe dresses. My favourite piece was the alphabet printed scarf worn as a top! Such an amazing style idea. I am sooo inspired by this. It's defiantly something to try over spring/summer. There were military jackets with plastic medals, beautiful block print colours and an amazing ruby coloured skirt. Which is a must have! I want it all. If any of the students want to design all my clothes from now on, then they can! Please!!!

Overall it was an amazing show! And if that's just the talent from the creative folk in Norwich then I feel mega proud to have such talent locally! Who needs London Fashion Week? Norwich is where it's at!
0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.