Chunky crouton salad.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013







As a vegetarian people often find it amusing that I'm not a big fan of salads. There's something daunting about a plate of leaves. I worry they won't fill me up or they'll taste like grass. But recently salads have been my thing! And this one is good. I do have to admit I like to add a good dollop of mayo to mine but a fancy dressing would work equally as well. I like big croutons but Mr told me they were too big (no such thing!). It's purely a personal thing but I like a chunky crouton!

Maybe I've fallen in love with salads due to my new food processor. Appliances Direct kindly asked me if I'd like a product from there website and a food processor has been top of my list for ages. This one is perfect. Appliances Direct postage was so speedy I couldn't believe when it arrived in under 24 hours. Now that's what I call speedy.


Ingredients
Cibatta, cut into large chunks
Iceburg lettuce, chopped
Carrot, grated
Grapes, sliced
New potatoes, sliced
Olive oil,
Seasoning

Place the chunks of cibatta onto a baking tray and thinly coat each one in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place into the oven at 200ºC/Gas Mark 6 until golden and crispy. Allow to cool.

Place the potatoes into a pan and cover with water. Par-boil the potatoes until just soft, be careful not to allow the potatoes to get to soft as they will turn soggy. Once soft, drain and allow to dry. Heat 1tsp of olive oil in a pan and fry the potatoes until golden and crispy (I like golden and crispy!). Drain onto kitchen roll.

Arrange the lettuce, carrot and grapes onto a plate or serving platter. Add the crispy potatoes and croutons and serve with lashings of mayo.
post signature

0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.