Lemon & Honey Tea.

Thursday, January 09, 2014






This past weekend I have had a dreadful cold, I thought I had escaped it, but sadly I hadn't! It's starting to ease off now, thankfully, but I found that lemon and honey tea really worked on soothing my dry throat.

I don't like to take medicines unless I absolutely have to so this is a perfect natural remedy. Lemon is high in Vitamin C and honey has some great anti-bacterial properties too. I love the taste which is a plus as I absolutely hate shop bought lemon and honey cold remedy drinks. They have such a bitter taste and the paracetamol always ends up in the bottom of the mug and ergh, even typing this now makes me feel sick!

Whilst I was browsing Pinterest I found out that if you add some gin to this it turns it into a cocktail called Bee's Knees and you know that gin will cure your cold, huh? You learn something new everyday!

Lemon and Honey Tea

1/2 lemon
tablespoon of honey
boiling hot water


Squeeze half a lemon into a mug. Add a tablespoon of honey and mix.

Pour in the hot water and stir the honey and lemon mixture until dissolved.

 Add a slice of lemon to the mug if you like.

The perfect cold remedy.

P.S How cute is the Cath Kidston mug, courtesy of my lovely Sister! 
post signature
2 Replies

2 comments

  1. What a coincidence - came to have a little peek at your blog and I'm drinking homemade honey and lemon. Poorly club :( I agree that mug is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eww it's just awful this cold! Hope you're feeling better!

      Delete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.