How I spent my Saturday!

Monday, July 21, 2014




After spending a good few hours baking on Friday evening and a few hours of decorating Saturday morning we were ready for my nephews 7th birthday party. I do love baking and organising food for parties and both my mum and I baked until we ached (see what I did there?). 

In the early hours of Saturday morning the storms rolled in waking us up and I was expecting the whole day to be a write off but thankfully the sun made an appearance, the weather held out and it was great day. Well apart from loads of 7 years old boys running around. I could not be a teacher!

 I baked my nephews minion birthday cake with got a great reaction and tasted rather good, if I do say so myself. 



My mum and I teamed up with the ice cream cakes. She baked them and I decorated them. They were so tasty and I think they are going to have to make an appearance on my blog soon! A few party games later it was time for the kids to go home and the slow roasted pork, stuffing and new potatoes. It went down a treat. 

Later that evening we decided to head home with a slice of cake wrapped in a napkin, there's something so nostalgic about that. It went down nicely with a cup of tea. It was such a lovely day spent with some of my family. 

I'm now off for a few days and I can't wait. Working in retail at sale season is exhausting and I have some lovely days planned and then next week it's my week off. I can't wait to spend it relaxing and going for picnics. Watch this space.


4 Replies

4 comments

  1. The ice cream cakes look amazing! You need to share them.
    Lauren | OhHay Blogs!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good time was had! The ice cream looks soooooo good!

    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to make ice cream cupcakes for ages so I'm looking forward to your recipe :)

    Chelsea xx
    Love in Modern Life

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.