Seasonal summer berries.

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

strawberries, seasonal berries, british berries, summer, food, blogger, blog, lifestyle

strawberries, seasonal berries, british berries, summer, food, blogger, blog, lifestyle

 Summer to me means one thing. Berries. Always thinking of my stomach aren't I! But there is something about eating berries in the sunshine that just screams summer to me. I was contacted by Seasonal Berries asking if they could send me some of their research with University of London and how eating berries in different situations can change how they taste. It's something that I totally understand as eating outside in the summer seems so to make the food taste so much nicer. It's amazing what a little sunshine can do isn't it.

They sent me some strawberries and other lovely bits. The strawberries, bowl, sun cream, the candle that smells of freshly cut grass and my favourite, the mug. Does anyone else have a favourite mug that tea just tastes so much better out of?

strawberries, seasonal berries, british berries, summer, food, blogger, blog, lifestyle

strawberries, seasonal berries, british berries, summer, food, blogger, blog, lifestyle

This has come at a perfect time as this weekend we are going to pick your own farm and we are going to pick some berries for ourselves. I'm not sure what I'm going to make yet but I know that I'll have to bring back some gooseberries for my brother. When we were little my mum had a gooseberry bush in the garden and we used to steal them off their!

If you are in need of a bit of inspiration what to do with your berries here are some of my favourites:



Seasonal berries are inviting everyone to take part in their experiments. Here is the links to the sounds that might make your strawberries taste "fruiter".

Sweet || Garden || Beach || Picnic 

I'd love to know what you think and if it works for you!

Although the strawberries and other gifts were given to me for my consideration. All opinions are my own.


4 Replies

4 comments

  1. This is an amazing post - I love berries and like you, a lot of my summer is spent eating strawberries smothered with cream - and I definitely have a mug which my tea tastes better out of! I've never been to a pick your own farm, but because I live in the countryside, we usually go raspberry picking at this time of year! I just love summer fruits - and this project sounds like a very interesting one :)

    Jess x
    Gingerly Pale | Northern Irish Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh strawberries need to have cream with them haha!

      Delete
  2. Holy moly I need that candle! I totally agree! Eating strawberries on the grass having a picnic. Just sounds like summer haha! Lovely blog! xx

    www.roseandmuse.com
    www.roseandmuse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The candle smells so good and I'm not a massive fan on the smell of freshly cut grass but this is just beautiful!

      Thank you very much! :)

      Delete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.