Party Rings

Thursday, August 21, 2014







Feeling nostalgic yet? These take me back to my crazy partying ways where dancing to S Club 7 until my feet were sore was the best thing in my life. I'm not being funny but my dance moves to reach for the stars are hard to beat! It's not a party without party rings in all honesty, I have a lot of love for these pastel pretties. As much as I love the packet version they can sometimes taste a little stale if you don't eat them all at once (not that this happens that much) and these certainly don't have the soggy taste.

Someone in our house has gotten the baking bug at the minute and it's not me. It has been lovely to have things baked for me, especially when I'm not feeling too great. In the past few weeks the Mr has baked iced buns with fresh cream and jam, plaited loaf and pizza's just to name a few. So Tuesday night after scouring the internet for what biscuits he was going to take to a friends he settled on these and I'm really glad he did.

He did most of the work I helped cut the holes and I iced the pink biscuits too, they are really easy to make and they look pretty too. So what are you waiting for? Time to get baking.



Adapted from Good Housekeeping

You will need:

200g plain flour, plus extra to dust
100g  caster sugar
100g  unsalted butter, chopped
1 medium egg
2tsp vanilla extract

300g  icing sugar
Food colouring pastes

In a bowl combine the flour and sugar. Rub the butter into the dry ingredients. 

Stir in the egg and vanilla with a cutlery knife.

Tip the mixture onto the work surface and work until a ball forms. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.

While the dough is chilling pre-heat the oven to 180º/Gas 4.

Lightly flour the work surface, although if the dough is sticky you may need to add more flour.

Roll the dough out until 1cm thick. Using a round cutter cut out the dough. You will need a smaller circle for the middle. We used a small cotton reel but a bottle top would work well too. 

Place the cut out dough onto lined baking trays. 

Bake for 12 minutes. 

Leave to cool completely before icing.

Combine the icing sugar and enough water to make a thick but runny enough to drizzle from the spoon.

Divide the icing into bowls and colour with your chosen food colouring pastes.

Spread the base colour onto the biscuit with a cutlery knife. Then quickly drizzle the other colour over the top in lines. You then need to take a cocktail stick or skewer and run that through the icing to create the feathered effect. 

Leave to set before eating and partying to S Club! 


4 Replies

4 comments

  1. I was (cough, still am!) obsessed with party rings, therefore I will definitely be making a batch of these! I know what you mean about the slightly stale taste, but I just still love them :P Amazing recipe - thank you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man these look so good! I need to try the recipe :)
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. My absolute favourite things in the world I have bookmarked this, thanks for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, those were the days! I found some biscuits here that have the same base and icing top, but they are coffee flavour... They are now the grown up party rings!

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.