Fondant topped sugar cookies.

Friday, September 26, 2014

fondant, icing, sugar, cookies, recipe, food, blog, blogger, uk, baking

fondant, icing, sugar, cookies, recipe, food, blog, blogger, uk, baking

fondant, icing, sugar, cookies, recipe, food, blog, blogger, uk, baking

I made these pretty biscuits a while back and to be honest I forgot to blog about them. Funny how things get in the way isn't it. I baked these biscuits for my nieces birthday party (remember the chocolate cupcakes). I wanted something that was pretty and girly and that would impress a five year old and her friends. These worked perfectly. 

Sometimes a lot of icing on top of a biscuit is sickly and it was a concern for me but as long as you roll out the fondant thin enough it doesn't become too sickly. I had to have polka dots on them as it is my favourite print and I think it sets these biscuits off nicely.

As for me, my plans for today are to relax, meet my sister in law for tea and cake followed by a bit of baking. It's just what I need after a busy week at work. Scroll down for the recipe.

fondant, icing, sugar, cookies, recipe, food, blog, blogger, uk, baking

fondant, icing, sugar, cookies, recipe, food, blog, blogger, uk, baking

You will need:

225g butter, softened
110g caster sugar
275g plain flour
ready to roll fondant icing
50g icing sugar
water
food colouring of your choice

Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.

Cream the butter and the sugar in a large bowl and beat until fluffy.

Sift in the flour and bring the mixture together to form a dough.

Roll out the dough and using a cutter cut out the dough. Place them slightly apart on a baking tray.

Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes or until they are a light golden brown and slightly firm on top.

Carefully transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.

Once cool, roll out your fondant icing to your chosen thickness and using the same size cutter cut out the icing.

Mix together the icing sugar and water to make a "glue" to stick the fondant onto the cookie.

Once you've stuck the icing to the cookie press in place.

Dip the end of pastry brush into the food colouring and make polka dots onto the icing. Don't over crowd with polka dots, make them sporadic.

Enjoy! 


1 Reply

1 comment

  1. So pretty! I've never used rolled fondant on cookies but it's so neat and pretty, I might have to give it a go
    Jen x
    http://englishrosefrommanchester.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.