Weekly Shop For Around £20

Thursday, April 30, 2015

weekly, shop, budget, 20, pounds, less, lifestyle, blog, blogger, uk, food, meal, plans


I thought that I would share another weekly meal plan and shopping list with you guys. This week we did spend a little bit more but only £3.80 over budget, which isn't bad going. 

This weeks shop was from Morrisons as I couldn't be bothered for the effort of Aldi, it seems hard work sometimes. I've listed the ingredients needed for each meal. The ones in italic are things I already have in the cupboard or fridge.

This weeks main meals and ingredients:

Mozzarella, salami and pesto cibattas with green pesto and chips. - Mozzarella, salami, pesto, oven chips, cibatta rolls.

Noodle stir fry. - Dried egg noodles, spicy pork, mushrooms, carrot, orange pepper, hot sauce, soy sauce. (This provided left overs which we ate for the lunch the following day)

Quiche, new potatoes and baked beans. - Cheese and bacon quiche, Jersey Royal potatoes, baked beans.

Turkey pitta wraps with natural yoghurt dressing and cous cous. - Turkey chunks, red pepper, red onion, lettuce, mixed herbs, natural yoghurt, cous cous. 

Turkey fajita pasta. - Turkey chunks, pepper, onion, garlic, natural yoghurt, chilli powder, pasta, 

The shopping list:

6 pints of milk £1.49
Fromage frais £0.42
Natural yoghurt £0.45
Cheese spread £0.64
Chocolate eclairs £1.00
Cheese and bacon quiche £1.00
Salami £1.00
Roast turkey chunks x2 £2.00
Pork leg steak £1.15
Button mushrooms £0.65
3 peppers £0.99
Red onions £0.49
2 carrots £0.20
Gala apples (6) £0.99
Jersey Royal potatoes £0.99
Oven chips £0.84
Mozzarella £0.49
Chopped tomatoes £0.35
Baked beans £0.24
Pitta breads (6) £0.49
Apple and blackcurrent squash £1.25
Cream soda £0.50
Dried noodles £1.00
Ainsley Harriet cous cous £0.50
Green pesto £0.89
Weetabix Weetos £1.50
Pasta twists £0.29
Mini Cheddars £1.00
Breakaway biscuits £1.00

Total spend: £23.80


5 Replies

5 comments

  1. I would really suggest buying plain couscous and flavouring it yourself. A big 500g packet only costs 50p in Sainsburys, then just soak in veg stock with chilli powder (add herbs, other spices, garlic etc depending on meal). Works out a lot cheaper! x

    NINEGRANDSTUDENT: A Student Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I normally spend about £15 a week on food for the week so you spending £20 for two people is pretty impressive. The first meal sounds amazing. The sort of thing that I would order out but never think of making myself.
    Love Hayley,
    Water Painted Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mozzarella, salami and pesto ciabattas sound yum - I might have to try and do something like that myself soon! I've been buying a lot of fresh fruit recently so my weekly shop has been more expensive, but I'm trying to use up all the food in my kitchen so I can do a big bulk buy of things to hopefully save some money in the long run.
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say I spend upwards of £60 a week on food - a good portion of that going on meat, fish and fresh fruit. I really want to cut it back though as my funds are much lower at the moment and I find I throw out a shameful amount of unused food too. It sounds like a good meal plan for the week is a good starting point - rather than my aimless supermarket wanderings! Great post and just what I needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh I love all the food on your plan. Such an amazing price for food that nice too! That meat is so cheap!

    PhotoJennic 

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.