[Food] Guest Post: Georgina Does Breakfast

Friday, September 25, 2015

Hey! My name is Georgina and I blog at www.georginadoes.co.uk. I am guest posting for Cathryn here today and I decided to write about something I am constantly thinking about – Food of course! If you follow me on twitter then you will know this, it’s all I tweet about haha.

Before I started getting up early every day and working in London, I rarely ate breakfast, I was never hungry in the morning and there was nothing interesting to eat at home anyway. 

When I started working I didn’t think it would be any different in regards to eating breakfast but I have seen that if I want to be alert and awake for my hour commute and actually getting some work done every day I need to eat in the morning. Its crazy the difference I have seen in in the way I feel too – I have so much more energy.

food, blog, blogger, uk, breakfast, eggs, pret, waitrose, milkshake, frappe, hollandaise, poached, lifestyle

They provide toast and jam at work in the kitchen and it just smells heavenly. I would love to be able to eat it every morning but it just gives me such bad indigestion and acid reflux that I just isn’t worth it. Instead, I pop to Waitrose every morning and buy whatever I fancy – much more exciting than raiding the fridge at home for an old piece of fruit. 

food, blog, blogger, uk, breakfast, eggs, pret, waitrose, milkshake, frappe, hollandaise, poached, lifestyle

Usually I will get a yogurt, although sometimes I get weird cravings and turn up at work at 9am with a giant chocolate milkshake or a frappe. That happened twice this week when I discovered the new chocolate frappe from Pret. Its my new favourite!

food, blog, blogger, uk, breakfast, eggs, pret, waitrose, milkshake, frappe, hollandaise, poached, lifestyle

For the weekend, breakfast is more of an actual outing rather than a quite bite to eat. Fry ups make me feel a bit ill and stodgy although I do love one every now and then. My favourite cooked breakfast has to be Eggs Florentine.  I think that the fact that it is impossible to find them done well anywhere good in Essex makes them taste all the better when I finally do find somewhere in London.

As with the toast, I’m not a huge fan of the muffin part but the hollandaise, oh my, when it’s good, it’s the most delicious thing. I also love my eggs to be super runny and pour down the side when I burst them.  Delicious!

food, blog, blogger, uk, breakfast, eggs, pret, waitrose, milkshake, frappe, hollandaise, poached, lifestyle

What is your favourite thing for breakfast? 

This post has been scheduled in advance as I am currently taking two months maternity leave from blogging to be with my baby. All comments will be answered in time, thank you in advance for being patient. 

This post contains ad links. 
0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.