[Christmas] Sourced Locally

Monday, December 21, 2015

sourced, locally, east, of, england, food, blog, blogger, lblogger, lifestyle, christmas

sourced, locally, east, of, england, food, blog, blogger, lblogger, lifestyle, christmas

sourced, locally, east, of, england, food, blog, blogger, lblogger, lifestyle, christmas

sourced, locally, east, of, england, food, blog, blogger, lblogger, lifestyle, christmas

sourced, locally, east, of, england, food, blog, blogger, lblogger, lifestyle, christmas


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. A lot like Christmas! Not long to go now and it's time to do that thing we all dread but an essential part of Christmas. The food shop. We don't go overboard at all but you do get swept up in the shops by the people that do. People pushing around a trolley full of food that makes you wonder how they're going to eat it all! So instead of joining the crowds this year we popped to my local East of England Co-op where they have plenty of delicious locally soured products. There is something so lovely about locally sourced produce and is a luxury worth having, not only do you get delicious food but you can feel good knowing you're supporting local producers. 

I picked up these mince pies for the mince pie eating folk I know. Perfect for any visitors popping in for a cuppa and we've got plenty of those coming over in the next few days. I may even pretend that I made them myself! 

As I'm feeding Edith I don't get to enjoy the merriment along with everyone else so this spiced apple juice is the perfect substitute. It has the taste of mulled wine without the hangover. 

It's not Christmas without chocolate so these pieces from Hadleigh Maid fill that gap. The chocolate is delicious. So much better than some of the usual Christmas chocolate. 

These sauces are going to make the perfect gift although that tomato one has found its way into our cupboard. The jam too is amazing.

Lastly these crisps. Oh my. Real turkey crisps. No artificial flavours here. I'm almost tempted to serve these for Christmas dinner! 

It's safe to say I've loved all of the sourced locally products and they're going to make our Christmas food extra special.
 

1 Reply

1 comment

  1. That spiced apple juice sounds tasty! Might have to see if I can find some myself! x

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.