[Baby Food] Chickpea Patty Fingers - BLW/Finger Food

Monday, May 23, 2016

blw, blw ideas, blw recipes uk, food, blog, blogger, uk, mama, mummy, baby, month, old, chickpea, patty, finger food,


I'm pretty sure I've lost count of the amount of times I've Googled BLW recipes, easy finger foods, what can my 7 month old eat. Weaning can be really difficult, knowing what to give them or not to give them isn't easy to work out.

blw, blw ideas, blw recipes uk, food, blog, blogger, uk, mama, mummy, baby, month, old, chickpea, patty, finger food,


 A couple of weeks ago now, it was approaching lunchtime and I wanted to make Edith something a little different. I don't want to get into the habit of giving ger the same thing everyday. I knew I had a tin of chickpeas in the cupboard, some sliced onion in the freezer (waste not, want not) so I thought I'd make a chickpea finger. Like falafel but finger shaped perfect for chubby hands to grip. 

Edith enjoyed these. Most of it ended up on the floor, but then again most of her food ends up that way. You can always break a small bit off and put in their mouth, just so you know they are eating something. 

blw, blw ideas, blw recipes uk, food, blog, blogger, uk, mama, mummy, baby, month, old, chickpea, patty, finger food,


Chickpea Patty Fingers

- Makes 5 - 


300g tinned chickpeas, drained

2 tbsp finely sliced onion

1 garlic clove

2 tbsp lemon juice

2 tbsp chopped parsley

1 tbsp flour

olive oil for frying



- Place the chickpeas, onion, garlic, parsley and lemon juice in a food processor and blitz until paste like.

- Scoop out the mixture and shape into fingers.

- Place the flour in a small bowl and coat the fingers in the flour.

- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.

- Fry the patties until golden brown, you will need to flip them half way through frying.

- Leave to cool before serving.

These will keep in the fridge for a day. 

Mummy in a Tutu
5 Replies

5 comments

  1. These are great, My youngest is 7 months so i'm in the same boat trying to keep weaning interesting! I think i'll make these for lunch today, thanks so much :) #foodiefriday

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great, and look like they actually stay together. My 22month old just destroys anything that pulls apart too easily. We will be giving them a go! #foodiefriday

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are way past the weaning stage but these look like something my two kids would enjoy even now, they look yummy! Also, the name Edith is the sweetest! #foodiefriday

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fab my little is 2 but these would still make a good lunch for her, it's hard to think of different things for them isn't it !

    thanks for linking up to #foodiefriday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recipe! We are vegetarian and I am always looking for finger food for Alyssa. I am going to try her with these!
    Thank you for linking to #foodiefriday

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.