My A/W Roundup

Monday, September 26, 2016



As you all know, I love autumn/winter fashion. The colder months means that you have to wear layers to stay warm, which is great because that means that you have to buy more items of clothing.
This year, I am quite excited about updating my wardrobe. I have already seen some fantastic going out tops that I am planning to snap up as soon as the budget allows. The underlying styles and trends mean that I really like much of what I have seen so far. Here is a roundup of some of my favourites.

A touch of glamour

Many of the tops I have seen are quite sophisticated and glamorous. They would look great worn under a light jacket for going out on an autumn day, but will also work well for a party. Most designers have included lace tops in their 2016 collection, and I have seen some nice shiny and beaded ones that will be great to wear to a festive bash, later in the year.

Flattering cuts

It is also nice to see longer tops being offered. These are warmer, and more comfortable to wear than the kind that is only waist length. There are several different cuts available, but I particularly like the tunic and cami tops that are available.

Shell tops

I am a big fan of shell tops. They are extremely versatile as well as pretty. You can wear them over any colour top, either short or long sleeved. They are a great way for you to get more use out of your t-shirts. 

Given the fact they are so lightweight, I was somewhat surprised to see them still available in the shops, and online. But, when I stopped and thought about it, there is no reason why they cannot form a part of your autumn wardrobe. After all, if it is a cold day all you need to do is to wear a thicker top underneath to stay warm.

A great choice of materials

It is also nice to see thinner materials on offer. You need warm, thicker tops, if you are going to spend a lot of time outside, but if you are inside something made from a lighter material is much more practical, and comfortable.


Classy jumpers

Many of the women’s jumpers I have seen this year are classics. It is good to see figure hugging cuts, like the Bardot, making a comeback.

If you are not a big fan of woolly jumpers, I would suggest looking at the linen and cotton mix versions that many designers have included in their collections. These are thinner and lighter, but still keep you warm. I also like the fact that this type of jumper is easier to wash, and that they dry faster.
I think that 2016 is going to be a great year for adding some timeless classics to your wardrobe. But, I suspect that some items will sell out fast, so it is well worth getting out there early, and taking a look around.

Collaborative post. 
0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.