Spiced Stuffed Peppers

Friday, November 04, 2016


spiced, stuffed, peppers, easy, recipe, blog, food, meal, planning

spiced, stuffed, peppers, easy, recipe, blog, food, meal, planning


Back in May I started to write and photograph recipes for an eBook. An eBook is still something I want to launch and it will happen (hopefully) at some point next year. It will be based around my meal plans and will include a month's worth of recipes along with shopping lists and money saving tips. Hopefully once my wedding season ends with my photography business (in the next few weeks) I can start drafting up plans.

Anyway I've got lots of recipes sitting on my laptop that are ready to go and instead of letting them sit there I thought I would share a few with you. This recipe has to be one of my favourites. I used to hate peppers but now they are essential part of our diet! Which is great as they are full of vitamin C, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits (or so Google says).

The peppers are stuffed with a lightly spiced mince. Perfect for warming you up in the winter. The chickpeas fill you up nicely giving you some much needed energy. All topped with mozzarella, because everything is better topped with cheese!

spiced, stuffed, peppers, easy, recipe, blog, food, meal, planning

spiced, stuffed, peppers, easy, recipe, blog, food, meal, planning


Stuffed Peppers

-Serves 4- 

1 small red onion , diced

250g beef mince

100g basmati rice

300g chickpeas

Sea salt

Cracked black pepper

½ tsp garlic powder

1 tsp dried basil

½ tsp paprika

¼ tsp Chinese five spice

2tbsp tomato puree

400ml chicken stock

4 peppers

2 tbsp grated mozzarella 

1 tbsp olive oil


Heat the olive oil in a pan.

Soften the onions over a medium high heat. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.

Add the mince, garlic powder, dried basil, paprika and five spice. Cook until all the mince has turned brown.

Add the tomato puree, chickpeas, chicken stock, salt and pepper. Add the rice and stir to combine.

Bring to a boil and then cook over a gentle simmer until all the water has been absorbed.

Whilst waiting for your rice to cook, grill your peppers under a high heat. Grill under the skins start to char. 5-10 minutes should enough.

Stuff your peppers full of the rice mixture and top with a sprinkling of grated mozzarella.

Place back under the grill for 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden.

Serve with a leafy salad.

TOP TIP: You might find it easier to use a muffin/cupcake tin to place your peppers in to keep them upright.

Linked to:

You Baby Me Mummy
Mummy in a Tutu

A Cornish Mum


Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday

Quite Frankly She Said Sunday Best
1 Reply

1 comment

  1. Oh my gosh these look so good, I get seriously hungry when I see your posts! Thanks for linking up to #SundayBest x

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.