Christmas Table Inspiration

Friday, December 16, 2016

For the first time ever we are hosting Christmas. I'm excited and scared all rolled into one. It's quite a big pressure and I really don't want to mess it up (and if I'm being drastic "ruin Christmas") So I'm trying my best to make everything as perfect as it can be. It's especially important for me to get it right as it's going to be the first Christmas in 38 years where my Mum doesn't have go cook. Since getting married she's rushed around, balanced plates, worried about food getting burnt, food going cold etc. And this year she can sit back and not have to worry. Well maybe not, she'll be on Edith duty while my husband and I cook.

How the Christmas table looks is quite important to me. I know it's not all about how it looks, it's about the people around the table but there is no harm in it looking nice is there? The plan was to show you how our table is going to be set up. Unfortunately my indecisiveness and un-organisation got the better of me and I've still not decided on what dinner set to buy. So I've scoured the internet for inspiration and put together my favourite sets up and the dinner sets I am considering buying. I will make a decision this weekend. I promise! 


This simple but gorgeous Scandi table setting is definitely a huge inspiration. The simple plates and cutlery mean they can be used all the year round rather than just for the festive season. I also love a bit of foliage on the table but as our dining table is pretty small I think I am going to have to keep things to a minimum so foliage is probably a no for now. I do love the paper snowflakes.


Another gorgeous and simple set up. I love the table linen. I don't think I'll be using any that aren't disposable though. With a couple of clumsy family members and a nearly 15 month old baby I don't think it would be wise. I like the sprig of berries and the candles. I might have to steal those ideas.

image found here 

This is much more my style simple and not too cluttered. I love the little wooden Christmas tree. It's just too cute. 

I've seen a few items that I would love on our table: 

This beautiful copper cutlery set! I mean it's copper. It's a total bargain but my local B&M was out of stock. I'm hoping I can pick it up before Christmas.


While we are in B&M I also love these star serving plates. Again they are such a bargain. 

I do love this sparkly white and gold dinner set and it's got £5 off which makes it even more tempting! It's so sparkly.

Lastly these beautiful crackers. Of course I can not justify the price tag. But they are so pretty! I picked up these ones for our table.


Please send all of your Christmas table ideas and inspiration my way! I really need to hurry up and decide.

0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.