Mine & Yours Valentines Desserts - Simple Mug Cakes.

Friday, February 03, 2017

Mine & Yours Valentines Desserts - Simple Lemon and Chocolate Mug Cakes

Mine & Yours Valentines Desserts - Simple Lemon and Chocolate Mug Cakes

Mine & Yours Valentines Desserts - Simple Lemon and Chocolate Mug Cakes

I love desserts. I mean if you've followed my blog for long enough you must have realised that by now. It's one of the first things I look for on a menu and if a restaurant doesn't do good desserts? Chances are I don't want to go. When we buy or make desserts at home it's a bit of a tricky one. I love chocolate, my husband doesn't. He prefers lemon desserts. Now don't get me wrong I love lemon too, not as much as he does but for my desserts should be chocolate. So often one of us has to compromise, I'm not saying which one of us gives in. But I've found a solution and it's easy. Wahey!
Mug cakes. They remind of being a student, not that I lived away, I stayed home but I'd often make myself one of these when I got back from uni. When I made them back then they were a tough rubbery. I'm pleased to tell you a lot has changed since then and I'm really happy with how these both turned out. There perfect for when you prefer different desserts, or if your single why not bake yourself one. Who needs a partner, huh? 

So whether you like lemon or chocolate I've got your back. Or you could share them? (If you're the food sharing kind?).

Also why not go the whole hog and buy your partner the mug you bake it in? I designed my own on Mr Nutcase and I think it's just perfect for Valentines Day.



Mine & Yours Valentines Desserts - Simple Lemon and Chocolate Mug Cakes

Mine & Yours Valentines Desserts - Simple Lemon and Chocolate Mug Cakes

Mine & Yours Valentines Desserts - Simple Lemon and Chocolate Mug Cakes


2 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

- Serves 1 - 

1 Cadbury fudge bar, frozen 

4 tablespoons plain flour

4 tablespoons of sugar

3 tablespoons of cocoa powder

1/4 teaspon baking powder

1 egg, beaten

3 tablespoons milk

1 tablespoon vegetable oil


Take a normal sized mug and add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, eff, milk and vegatble oil. Stir until combined.

Break the frozen fudge bar into 3 and place them into the middle of the cake mix.

Microwave on high for 1 minutes 30 seconds until cooked. It may take longer depending on your microwave wattage.

Once cooked, top with ice cream, popcorn and golden syrup.




2 Minute Lemon Mug Cake

- Serves 1 - 

4 tablespoons plain flour

1/4 teaspoon of baking powder

2 tsp of sugar

3 tablespoons of milk

1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil

1 teaspoon of lemon zest

1 tablespoon of lemon curd


In a normal sized mug combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, milk and oil and stir until combined.

Add the lemon zest and lemon curd and mix until smooth.

Microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds. It may take longer depending on your microwave wattage.

Once cooked, top with ice cream and a little more lemon zest.

Happy Valentines!

* Mug kindly provided by Mr Nutcase*




Keep Calm and Carry On Linking Sunday
7 Replies

7 comments

  1. I need to try this cake recipe. Sounds tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Can't wait to make these for hubby and of course me for Valentine's Day, at least it looks easy so I can't go wrong!

    #littlemakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they are so quick to make and look yummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh these look incredible! Nooo why must you do this to me I'm so motivated at the gym right now and you've just made me want cake haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound fab. I'm all for simple when it comes to baking etc. 2 minutes in the microwave sounds right up my street x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound fabulous! I do love a good desert. It's a really nice idea they are in mugs as well & it's great they are no fuss too.

    Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious!!! We haven't had a microwave for years but right now you're making me wish I had one!!! Going to save this recipe to try when I go down to my moms place!!! My cake obsessed toddler will love it too!!! Thanks for sharing :) glad I found you at #KCACOLS

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.