Glossy Box Review #1

Saturday, May 26, 2012


If you follow me on Youtube you will have seen me open my Glossybox live on camera. I got a bit carried away with the super cute paper and Instagramed whilst recording!

Well I hope you can see why. I will be keeping this paper!


Even the ribbon was beautifully printed.


Anyway onto the products. I was rather excited to see what I had got. All day I had been avoiding blog posts so it would remain as a surprise.


And I wasn't disappointed. When you see all the negative and bitchy comments on Glossy's social networking pages, I wonder why. I love all my products!




As it was Glossybox's 1st Birthday box we all got a special treat! A cute compact mirror which will be perfect for putting in the bottom of my bag!


The first product was the Collection Lasting Colour Gel Eyeliner RRP £4.99.
My first thought was gold eyeliner? Am I five? Well I was totally wrong. The eyeliner stays put and the formula is good. The colour is strong. And the gold, well it actually opened up my eyes and I looked a lot more awake. This product is so much better than I originally thought and I'm glad I got to test it out!


The second product was Lolita Lempicka L'Eau en Blanc & Eau de Parfum RRP £65 full size.
I know that a lot of people are not fans of perfume samples and I did say on my vlog, that I don't know how you can review perfume online. I am not good with poetically describing scents other than saying I like it. The L'Eau en Blanc is a much nicer smell for me. It's light and almost musky which is a smell I like. Perfume is totally individual so I can't really recommend it totally but I definitely prefer the L'Eau en Blanc to the much heavier Eau de Parfum.


The third product was Neal's Yard Remedies Rehydrating Rose Daiy Moisture RRP £12.
I love the smell of this product and I loved it on my arms and hands, but on my face? Unfortunately my skin had a bit of a reaction to it (turning bright red and face burning, not a good look!). I have recently had a bit of a problem with some face masks so I know that the fault is with my skin and not the product. My mum enjoys the product and as long as it's not on my face I do to. I'll be using it as a body lotion from now on. But if you don't have sensitive skin then I would recommend it totally!


My fourth product was the Eldora False Eyelashes H141 RRP from £3.
Now I am bit of false eyelash virgin I have used one pair and that's it. However it's something I want to get into more and I have really short eyelashes so a boost for my lashes would be good and these are the perfect way to get my flutter fix. The lashes are quite full on so more of a night time look than a day one But for £3 you can't really go wrong!


The final product was Noble Isle Summer Rising Bath & Shower Gel RRP £20.
This product was by far my favourite. I am huge fan of shower gels and you can send me as many sample as you like as it's something I will always use. The smell of the shower gel is supposed to smell of summer and it really does. Using it at the moment is just perfect. My skin felt really smooth and I really do love it. Will I repurchase? Hmmm £20 is quite pricey for a cheapskate like me, but if someone wants to buy it for me, I'd be more than happy to accept.

Well I think my first Glossybox was a hit and I am happy with the contents and service. I can't wait for my next box now! Bring on the June box!

* Glossybox costs £10 ( +P&P ) and I pay for my own box. I am not sent it for free. For more information visit the Glossybox website.
0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.