Banana Bread Recipe!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012







I love banana bread and as I'm feeling under the weather I decided to make a loaf to cheer myself up!

Ingredients
250g/8oz Butter
250g/8oz Granulated Sugar
250g/8oz Self Raising Flour
2 Level Teaspoons Baking Powder
4 Eggs
2 Medium Bananas

1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F.
2. Line a loaf tin with baking parchment/greaseproof paper.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a mixing bowl.
4.Sieve half of the flour into the mixing bowl. Beat the eggs in a separate bowl and add half of the beaten egg mixture to the main bowl and mix together.
5.Add in the baking powder and the rest of the flour (make sure you sieve this too!). Add in the remaining egg.
6. Cut up the bananas into small pieces and mash together slightly. Add this banana to the main mixing bowl and mix well until all combined.
7. Pour the mixture into the lined loaf tin.
8. Place in the oven for 1¼ -1½ hours. Use a cake tester or cocktail stick to test if the cake is cooked right through.
9. Serve with butter and warm cup of tea! (Or it would be perfect with a dollop of thick cream)

Hope you enjoy! Let me know if you give this ago, I'd love to see your photographs!

5 Replies

5 comments

  1. oh my NOM! I'm making this tomorrow!!!
    xxx

    www.littleboblab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum yum and yum! I am defo making this tomorrow! Bored of just having banana's on my morning porridge.

    Laurie at http://life-nv.blogspot.co.uk/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had a go at this but found that my mix was WAY to dry. I was using medium eggs so added a fifth one and it looked much better. I also got experimental and added a bit of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger too :)

    I don't know if my loaf tin was too small, but a fair bit of cake spilled over and cooked outside the tin. Luckily I had put it on a baking tray before cooking it so I didn't have a big oven cleanup to do!

    Having tasted some I am so happy with the result. It's tasty, moist and very moreish. Thank you so much for the recipe, I know what to do with over ripe bananas from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy I stumbled across your beautiful blog. Although my waistline may increase 5 inches if i keep looking at your recipes(!) I love the simplicity of your layout and your photos. It's perfect.
    I wrote a recipe post yesterday for blueberry banana loaf if you wanted to take a look.
    Happy New Year!
    Betty x
    The Betty Stamp

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.