Potato rosti, baked eggs and mushrooms!

Thursday, April 11, 2013





I'm having a lazy morning before heading to work this afternoon and nothing celebrates a lazy morning like a cooked breakfast. The food bloggers chat on twitter (which you can join in here) this week was about breakfast and shockingly mine usually consists of a cereal bar. So when I have time I like to cook something nice.

I found this recipe for a baked rosti on Jamie Oliver's website. We visited Jamie's Italian in Norwich yesterday and I have to say it's the best meal I've had ever. 

I'm not 100 percent happy on how the rosti turned out so it might take some trial and error to perfect it. 

Ingredients:
2 large potatoes
2 tablespoons of plain flour
5 chesnut mushrooms, sliced
2 free range eggs
butter
salt and pepper

For the rosti: Grate the potato and season to taste. Add the flour and stir. Place on a lined baking tray and cook until golden (it takes around 40 minutes). 

For the baked eggs and mushrooms: Melt a knob of butter in a saucepan and add the mushrooms until they are lightly coated. Place in a roasting tin and cook for 15 minutes. Take out of the oven and crack in the eggs. Put back into the oven for 5 minutes.

Plate up the rosti, followed by the baked egg and then mushrooms on top. I served ours with toasted bread and ketchup, all washed down with a cuppa.

♥ 
2 Replies

2 comments

  1. Oh my this looks gorgeous! Just bookmarked it, think I'm gonna give this a go on Sunday morning xx

    Lucy Loves To Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum, this looks good! Bookmarked :)

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.