Birthday Celebrations

Monday, February 10, 2014









Yesterday I turned 21. We celebrated over the weekend, Saturday we had afternoon tea. Everyone made or bought something, there was so much food I didn't think we would manage all the food but we only had a few leftovers which have since been demolished. 

I made mini quiche bites and raspberry and blueberry cream tarts. We feasted on mini sandwiches, cheese scones, nibbles and plently of cakes. I was perfect to spend some time with my family over good food. It was just perfect.

I woke up to breakfast in bed. I opened my presents, all of which were beautiful and then ate eggy bread, washed down with a cup of tea. Then yesterday I decided that it would be nice to head out somewhere for a meal. After being veggie for over 10 years this year I decided to go back to meat so the obvious choice was carvery. We headed out to a little pub right by the sea and ate and ate.

 A roast dinner, strawberry sundae and glass of rose later we headed back to my mums. For more food and this time it was this amazing cake! Every year my mum makes a special cake and this year she decided to make a "21 years of sweets cake". It was covered in so many sweets. It was just amazing. We had another slice and finished off bottle of pink fizz. 

It has been really lovely, spending time with my family and I've now got a week off work to spend time doing the things I've been meaning to do for a while. I can't wait.


post signature
15 Replies

15 comments

  1. Are those chocolate & shortbread hearts I spy? They look delicious! Glad you had a lovely birthday, it looks like a really cute day :) xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are. I'll put a recipe up sometime! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. You are killing me with the cuteness of this! Happy birthday! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday.
    Your photos are seriously amazing. Book/magazine quality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect birthday! Hope you had a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated 21st! It looks like you celebrated well :)

    excuse me for a while

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday. I've just found your blog through the #fdbloggers chat thingy and I love it. Your photography is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of a Tea party to celebrate a birthday! I have been dying to do this for years.....I am now going to unceremoniously steal your Grandma's idea of everyone brings something and wait paitently for July!!

    B x

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.