DIY Speckled egg nails.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014





Sunday nights when the Mr clears off to play football I'm left for a few hours with time to myself. I used to fill the gap with watching shed loads of TV but all my programmes have finished. Why do they all finish at the same time?

 So I thought I'd read through blogs and I noticed that a lot of bloggers have been buying speckled egg nail varnish. And me being me didn't want to fork out for another bottle of the stuff so I decided it was time to make my own.



After watching a few YouTube videos I thought I'd give it a try. I rather impressed. Although I could have used less speckle!

If you want to do this yourself here's how.

After prepping your nails with a protective base coat. You'll need a base colour, I went for Essie nice is nice but any pastel shade would look good. Apply enough coats until opaque. 

You then need a black glitter. I used models own mixed up. Apply the glitter over the top. Use it sparingly and it doesn't need to be applied evenly. Wait for this layer to dry.

Then apply a very thing layer of the base colour again this will make the glitter look like speckles. Apply enough to look speckled but not too much.

And voila. Speckled nails with nail varnish you already own. Perfect for Easter too!

post signature
4 Replies

4 comments

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.