Easy chocolate mousse with vanilla cream.

Wednesday, May 07, 2014






I made a huge bowl of this glorious stuff Monday evening thinking we could eat the lot. Oh how we were wrong this is so delicious and rich you can only eat a tea cup full. Believe me. And I love chocolate.

After getting back from work Monday and having a salad for dinner I decided that I needed chocolate and this recipe was on my to do list for a while so I decided that there was no better time. It's so simple but goes against every culinary bone in my body. Adding water to chocolate. Shut the front door! (My nephew says this and I might have stolen it from him!)

It does have a bit of whisking so I advise you use an electric whisk unless you have super muscle arms. And your kitchen will not look pretty afterwards but it's totally worth the mess!


You will need:
200g dark chocolate (Smartprice/value/basics stuff works just as well)
160ml water 
150ml double cream
1 tsp vanilla
white chocolate shavings
Ice and cold water.

Put the ice into a bowl and top up with water. Fit a metal bowl over the top so it touches the ice water, leave to cool.

Break the chocolate up into chunks. 

Place the chocolate into a saucepan with the water. Warm over low-medium heat until the chocolate has dissolved and you have a smooth liquid. 

Pour into the cold bowl and start whisking immediately. You will need to whisk for a while but you will eventually see the mixture thicken. Transfer to your serving bowls.

Whip the double cream and vanilla in a separate bowl until it holds soft peaks. 

Spoon over the mousse and sprinkle some white chocolate shavings over the top. 

Serve.

You can leave this to chill in the fridge for an hour or two if you like.


post signature
4 Replies

4 comments

  1. This looks so delicious! I've got a serious chocolate craving now. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography is beautiful (as always) and I adore the idea of serving it in a teacup - so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmm!!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is one of my favourites! Found it through @fdbloggers. This looks like a great recipe, reminds me of Heston's chocolate chantilly cream that I made once where I was whisking for what felt like hours!
    Shini x

    http://theintrovertedchilli.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.