Chocolate tart.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014


chocolate, tart, food, blog, bloggers recipe, lifestyle, pie, pastry

chocolate, tart, food, blog, bloggers recipe, lifestyle, pie, pastry

This is one of my favourite desserts but surprisingly this was the first time I made it. I love the combination of the soft chocolate and the almost biscuit like pastry. It was just delicious. Unfortunately I had to share it. Boo! I took this dessert round to the Mr's family and I had to cut it into 10 pieces but it was delicious even if we only had a small piece each. I am planning to make this for boxing day when we are having a big family gathering. Although I might have to make a couple. I made this one in a loose bottom sandwich/sponge tin as I don't have a big pie/tart dish. I only have four little ones which just wouldn't cut it but it worked out really nicely. 

I have a baking list so long at the minute I don't know when I'm going to bake it all. That's actually a lie. I haven't made a list, I've got a pinterest board full of ideas. The next thing I want to bake and I'm going to set aside some time on Saturday to make it is a rainbow cake. It's something I've wanted to make for a while but never had enough tins, until now. 

I'm working a lot this week so I don't have much time for anything else and housework needs doing to. I could really use more hours in the day! Anyone know how I can make that happen?

Anyway onto the recipe.

Scroll down for the recipe.

chocolate, tart, food, blog, bloggers recipe, lifestyle, pie, pastry

chocolate, tart, food, blog, bloggers recipe, lifestyle, pie, pastry

Adapted from Jamie Oliver Rich chocolate tart with seasalt.

For the pastry
225g plain flour
110g butter, cubed
80g  sugar
1 large egg

For the filling
300 ml double cream
2 tsp caster sugar
50g salted butter, softened
200 g dark chocolate (the 30p supermarket stuff works nicely)
50 ml whole milk

First make the pastry.

In a bowl place the flour and butter into a bowl and rub together to form breadcrumbs.

Add the sugar a mix until combined.

Add the egg and bring together to form a dough. You may need a little bit of milk to bring it together.

Chill for at least 15 minutes.

For the tart.

 Preheat oven to 180ºC/Gas 4. 

Roll out the pastry and use it to line a 20cm greased sandwich/sponge tin. 

Cover with baking paper, fill with baking beans and bake blind for 10-15 minutes, remove beans and bake again for 15 minutes until golden. 

 Put the cream and sugar into a pan bring to the boil. Remove as soon as the mixture boils up. Off the heat, add the butter and chocolate. Stir until blended.

Leave to cool for a couple of minutes and then add the milk until it's smooth and glossy.

Pour into the tart shell and leave to set in the fridge for at least 3 hours. 

Once set, dust with icing sugar. I used a star cookie cutter as a stencil.

Serve and enjoy!


0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.