[Food] Caprera Review

Monday, June 20, 2016

food, blog, blogger, uk, caprera, artisan, produce, review, chocolate, sea salt, coco, cider, elderflower, fruit crisps, healthy


A week or so ago I received a box full of beautiful artisan food. As you should all know by now I have a huge passion for food and when it's handcrafted artisan food I have a real soft spot for it. Sounds silly, I know, but I think you taste the love in the food. The passion that the creators have put in or the sourced ingredients.

Caprera is an online hub bringing hundreds of artisan food products together in one place. It's basically an online farmers market, all the great produce but you don't have to do a thing. It's all boxed up and sent to you. 

The first product I tried was the Elderflower Garden Cider. I love anything that has elderflower in it! It's one of my favourite flavours and it just makes everything taste great. This was no exception. It tasted so fruity ,I find sometimes the taste of cider can be little harsh, leaving your throat dry. This didn't happen. It's so light. I served it with a few strawberries in the glass which was delicious. 

The story behind The Garden Cider Company is lovely. They started the company as their family apple tree produced so many apples that at the end of the season many of them would go to waste. So too prevent this waste they started to make cider. The whole neighbourhood, who also had an oversupply of apples, got involved and they all work together helping the environment and promoting sustainability in production processes.


food, blog, blogger, uk, caprera, artisan, produce, review, chocolate, sea salt, coco, cider, elderflower, fruit crisps, healthy

food, blog, blogger, uk, caprera, artisan, produce, review, chocolate, sea salt, coco, cider, elderflower, fruit crisps, healthy


Possibly one of the best flavour combinations for chocolate? Erm yes. This beauty has now become my favourite. Sea salt and hazelnut, Yes please. It's gorgeous. I have to say when it comes to chocolate I prefer milk. I know it's fashionable to prefer dark but I love that smooth milky taste. The sea salt from the Isle of Skye really compliments the chocolate and the texture of the hazelnut. I could have eaten the whole bar in one go. It's perfection.

Coco Chocolatier based in Scotland prides itself on locally sourced ingredients to compliment the Cacao from the Dominican Republic. It's also is particularly proud of the packaging, each flavour has a beautiful illustration on the wrapper to compliment the chocolate inside. I mean how beautiful are these waves!

food, blog, blogger, uk, caprera, artisan, produce, review, chocolate, sea salt, coco, cider, elderflower, fruit crisps, healthy

food, blog, blogger, uk, caprera, artisan, produce, review, chocolate, sea salt, coco, cider, elderflower, fruit crisps, healthy


And finally these delicate fruit crisps. As a rule I'm not the biggest fan of dried fruit. It tastes artificial, usually that is. These Pear Crisps are air dried meaning they don't loose their flavour or nutrional content. Edith had a few of these and loved them. They melted in her mouth and broken down into little pieces made a perfect snack. 

Nim's Fruit Crisps are made by a hard working mama, who was concerned about the food children were snacking on. These crisps bring the best of both worlds, that sweet hit that is normally fulfilled by chocolate and the crunch, usually from crisps. I would be more than happy to give these to Edith and perfect for lunchboxes.

I'm really impressed by the range of beautiful food on Caprera. It's going to be great for gifts, birthdays and Christmas, you could make up little hampers of food. I mean who wouldn't want to receive a hamper of food?

What would be your favourite from these three? 
0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.