Boxing Day Pizza - Christmas Leftovers

Monday, December 26, 2016

Simple Leftover Pizza Boxing Day Recipe

Happy Boxing Day! I hope you had an amazing Christmas. I'm writing this post in advance so I'm hoping that we did. I imagine that I probably ate too much food and had a lovely time with family. It wouldn't be boxing day without a leftover recipe  would it? I didn't fancy the boring turkey risotto or the sandwich I made last year. Oh no. Step forward the leftover pizza. The perfect thing is you can top it with whatever you have. Anything will work.

I topped ours with bacon, stuffing and mozzarella. But you can use whatever you have. I would recommend the stuffing though as it tastes so good! You'll have most of the ingredients already and if you don't want to make a base or don't have one handy why not top a pitta bread or something you may have in the freezer instead?

Honestly you have to give this a go!


Simple Leftover Pizza Boxing Day Recipe

Simple Leftover Pizza Boxing Day Recipe


Leftovers Pizza

- Serves 4 -

350g plain flour or strong white flour

1 tsp baking powder

1tsp salt

1 tbsp oil

170ml water

Leftovers,

Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowk and add the oil and water until it forms a ball. You may need to add more water if the dough is stiff.

Knead on a floured surface for 3-4 minutes.

Roll into desired shape and place on a baking/pizza tray.

Bake at 200C/Gas 6 for 10 minutes.

Remove from the oven and top with leftovers. You may want to add a layer of tomato sauce/pasatta first. 

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until crisp and golden.
0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.