Festive Burger Recipe

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Festive Christmas Burger Recipe McDonalds


I am not ashamed to admit it but I am a fan of McDonalds. Sometimes it's just what you need. I am a sucker for anything festive themed to so when I went in recently I had their festive burger. I loved it so much I gushed to husband about it. The next time he had McDonalds he tried it. And he understood why I loved it so much. It was so good.

We decided that we could make our own version and it would probably be much better. It was one evening a couple of weeks ago and I was due to make dinner but Edith was being a grump so my Husband had to step up to the festive burger challenge and make it. Oh my. He did such an amazing job that I told him he has to make it again so I can share it and of course eat it again. In all honesty it's not really that festive but it's so good that it needs to be shared with the world. This would be perfect for Christmas Eve or even Boxing day. Why not give it a go?

Festive Christmas Burger Recipe McDonalds

Festive Christmas Burger Recipe McDonalds



Festive Burgers

- Serves 4 -


750g beef mince

275g bacon

25g butter

25g flour

150ml full fat milk

2 garlic cloves, finely chopped

1/2 small red onion, finely chopped

3 cheese slices (we call it plastic cheese, the stuff you put on top of burgers)

100g mature cheddar cheese, grated

2 tsp mixed herbs

seasonings

seeded burger buns

lettuce

Place the mince in bowl, squash together with your hands until the mince is malliable. Form into 4 patties. Making them as thin and round as you can.

Leave in the fridge for at least an hour.

Place 1 tbsp oil into a frying pan. Brown the burgers on each side and then place onto a baking tray and then into a pre-heated oven on 200C/Gas 6.

While the burgers are cooking fry the bacon until crispy.

To make the cheese sauce:

Place butter into a small saucepan and melt over a gentle heat. Add in the flour and stir until well combined.

Gradually add the milk to form a smooth sauce.

Add the cheese slices and stur until melted.

Then add your onion and garlic and a little extra milk if the mix is too thick.

Add the grated cheddar and herbs. Season with salt and pepper.

To assemble your burger. Place lettuce and the burger into the bun. Add the crispy bacon and a good dollop of cheese sauce.

Enjoy!

0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.