Homemade Custard Cremes - Throwback Thursday

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Homemade Custard Cremes

Homemade Custard Cremes

In the penultimate birthday week blog post, I thought that I would re-create one of my recipes. I went for the custard cremes I made back in 2013. My husband loves custard cremes so this naturally was my first choice. The recipe isn't difficult to make but there are a few parts to it so make sure you read the recipe in advance before making.

I've really been enjoying my blog birthday week but creating five posts instead of three has left me rather busy, but it's been great fun and I'm definitely going to do it every year from now on. 

I didn't change a single thing about the biscuit recipe which is great because it means I got it right first time round. I did however change the shape of the biscuit and didn't add the sesame seeds this time. I would like to point out to die hard custard creme fans (like my husband) this doesn't taste exactly the same as the shop bough version. I think it tastes much better! 

Homemade Custard Cremes

Homemade Custard Cremes

Custard Cremes

- Makes 9 -

Vanilla biscuit dough (click here for the recipe)

100g white chocolate

80ml double cream

20g butter


Chop up the chocolate into small chunks and place in a bowl.

Heat the cream and the butter in a pan, do not let it boil.

Pour the cream and butter over the chocolate and leave to stand for a couple of minutes.

Stir carefully until the chocolate has melted. Leave to thicken (mine took around an hour)

Cook your biscuits while your waiting for your ganache to set.

Once the biscuits have cooled and the ganache has set assemble your posh custard creams. Finish with icing sugar. (Everything looks better with icing sugar)

Homemade Custard Cremes


1 Reply

1 comment

  1. Oh wow they look delicious. I love a custard cream. What camera did you use to take your pictures? I'm looking at getting a camera and your photos are so lovely. Eilidh
    #sharingthebloglove

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.