Mothers Day Treat: Prosecco Pavlova

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Prosecco Pavlova

Prosecco Pavlova

Prosecco Pavlova

Prosecco Pavlova

I'm bringing you the ultimate Mothers Day treat. I  mean what more could you want. Prosecco in a dessert? Isn't this the stuff dreams are made of? I was trying to think of a bake/dessert that I could make for Mothers Day for a blog post and I couldn't think of anything new and exciting. 
So I sat down and had a think about hat I would like to eat. And naturally that lead me to what i'd like to drink. Prosecco. I mean it is always the answer. So I wondered how I could get that into a a dessert. Now chocolate is my go to dessert but I just didn't think the flavour combination would work so instead I went to my second favourite Pavlova. Crispy meringue with a gooey centre, covered in strawberries and blueberries and then inside cream. Not just any cream. 

Cream spiked with Prosecco. 

Oh yes.

It was glorious. One of the best things, other than how delicious this is? You then have 3/4's of a bottle left, which as it's for Mothers Day you get to drink. Win Wine Win (excuse my typo ;) ) 

This does make for quite a showstopper dessert. I mean Mary Berry would be proud of me. I can almost feel her smiling at it already haha!

So I guess you want me to stop talking and get down to how you get your kids to make this. 

Prosecco Pavlova

Prosecco Pavlova

Prosecco Pavlova


Prosecco Pavlova

- Serves 8 - 

6 medium egg whites

300g caster sugar

1 tsp corn flour

300ml double cream

300ml Greek yogurt

2 tbsp Prosecco

1 punnet of strawberries, hullled & sliced

1 punnet of blueberries

Preheat the oven to 120ÂșC/Gas 1/2. Line 3 flat baking trays with baking paper.

In a clean, grease free bowl whisk up the egg whites until stiff peaks. I recommend using an electric whisk to save your arms.

Once at stiff peaks add in the caster sugar 1 tbsp at a time. Carrying on whisking until all the sugar has been added.

Add the cornflour and continue whisking until fully combined.

Divide the mixture between  the 3 baking trays. Spread the meringue into a circle and using a back of a dessert spoon make peaks. 

Bake for 1 hour, keep watch as meringue can burn quickly. The meringue will lift of the paper easily once cooked.

Leave too cool completely. 

In a medium bowl whisk the double cream into soft peaks, add in the Prosecco, you may want to add more depending on your tastes but don't add too much as it will make the cream runny. Add in the yogurt and mix.

To assemble spread a layer of Prosecco cream onto the meringue. Add a few berries. 

Place the next layer of meringue on top and add another layer of cream and berries.

Finally place the last meringue on top and place the cream and berries in the middle.

Dust with icing sugar and serve to your mum/ yourself with the rest of the Prosecco.

Enjoy. 

TIP: The pavlova will keep in the fridge for 2 days so make sure you eat it all on the first night, just to ensure there's no waste! Haha. 





0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.