Sweetcorn Chowder with Cheesey Tortillas

Friday, March 24, 2017



We've got a little bit of a lunchtime obsession. It's soup! I used to laugh at my mum who would eat soup everyday for lunch. Well I'm officially turning into my mum and soup for lunch everyday sounds amazing. 

It's a great way of getting veg into Edith and easy meal to prepare and I can use up leftovers. This week I had sweetcorn leftover from when we made our own pizzas. My thoughts instantly turned to soup and I've always wanted to try sweetcorn chowder and it seemed like the perfect opportunity. I took influence from a Nigella recipe. But me being me has to adapt recipes. Mainly because I didn't have everything I was supposed to but it turned out really good! 

The cheesy Topped tortilla chips are what makes this. Edith wolfed it down and so did her mama!





Sweetcorn Chowder with Cheesey Tortillas

- Serves 2 - 

325g tinned sweetcorn

1/2 leek

1 tsp garlic salt (or 1 clove of fresh garlic)

800ml vegetable stock

32g couscous

2 tortilla wraps

100g grated cheddar cheese

1 tsbp olive oil


In a medium pan heat the oil and gently fry the leek until golden.

Add in the sweetcorn and fry for a further 2 minutes.

Place the leek and sweetcorn mix into a blender and blend until smooth. 

Pour in the half the vegetable stock and blend for 30 seconds.

Pour the mixture back into the pan and add the remaining stock, coucous and garlic salt.

Simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.

Whilst waiting for your soup to thicken. Place the wrap triangles onto a baking tray and cook in a hot oevn until golden and crisp. (This takes around 5 minutes) Sprinkle the grated cheddar on top and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.

Bowl your soup into serving bowls and top with the cheesey tortillas. 

Sprinkle with a few dried chilli flakes if desired. 



0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.