A Day In The Life Of A Work At Home Mum #BroadbandandMe

Thursday, June 29, 2017


Being a work from home Mum, well I go out for photoshoots however the majority of my work is from home, is pretty darn amazing. I get the best of both worlds balancing work and my beautiful daughter. Working from home can be a struggle too. Trying to squeeze everything into your day can be a challenge but the positives hugely outweigh the negatives.

Something I rely on at a lot, other than support from family and friends, is a good broadband connection like one from Talk Talk Business. Now it may seem trivial but there's not much work I can get done without it. The internet is my biggest resource and I need it to be reliable.

I thought I'd share my average #BroadbandandMe working day with you just so you can see what I get up to and how important a good broadband connection is. 

6:30am - Wake up. Edith has her "mitch" and I check emails and social media notifications that have come in over night. I also promote my new blog post (if there is one). I also use this time to catch up on what's happening in the world. Usually Twitter tells me all I need to know!

9:00am - Once I've done all the housework, which I have to admit Edith has tablet time while I get it done. I then check to see what else has come in. 



Between the hours of 11:30am - 2:00pm - Edith will take a nap sometime between these hours. There's no set time so as soon as she's down I crack on with some work. If she's going for a long nap I spend half the time on my computer completing blog and photography admin, the other half I spend on my phone, replying to emails and social media and sometimes falling down a rabbithole on Instagram. I can't be the only person that does this? 

5:00pm - Daddy gets back from work which means I get a quick break before starting on dinner. I use this time to check social media and reply to comments.

7:30pm -9:30pm - This is when the majority of my work gets done. I sit in front of my computer. Edit photographs, write blog posts and any other admin I need to get done for the day. I normally listen to podcasts too. 

As you can see from my day I rely on the internet rather a lot. And there's always a lot to cram in. I'm getting better with writing to-do lists so I can be more productive. 

Do you work from home? Do you rely on your broadband? And more importantly, do you have any top tips for staying organised? This Mama needs all the help she can get! 

This is a collaborative post. All words and opinions are my own. Thank you to brands who continue to support Little Paper Swans. 
0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.