A Trip To: Strawberry Picking

Monday, July 03, 2017

Strawberry Picking In Norfolk

Strawberry Picking In Norfolk

Strawberry Picking In Norfolk

Strawberry Picking In Norfolk

Strawberry Picking In Norfolk

Strawberry Picking In Norfolk

Summer is well underway and we're are working our way through our Summer Staycation list. We've crossed a few things off already and last Sunday we decided to tick another one off. Strawberry picking. It's something I love doing and I knew that this year we needed to take Edith, the last time we went I was 29 weeks pregnant and it was great fun but was missing an energetic toddler. I had visions of Edith covered in strawberry juice from the strawberries she had "tested". Oh boy was I right. This girl adores "Strib-Rees" and I lost count of how many she consumed whilst picking. If you're looking for a strawberry picker don't employ her. She'll eat all your profits. 

It was a great morning and we explored the little farm. They had lots of different things to pick, blueberries and raspberries, that weren't quite ready yet. Gooseberries and blackcurrents. But more excitingly they had sweet peas. Oh my. Sweet peas remind me of childhood, one of my mums neighbours used to sell small bunches and we would buy a couple and dot around vases in house. In the morning the early summer sun would warm up the house with the sweet smell. I had to gather a bunch. 

Strawberry Picking In Norfolk

Strawberry Picking In Norfolk

Strawberry Picking In Norfolk

Strawberry Picking In Norfolk

Strawberry Picking In Norfolk

Strawberry Picking In Norfolk

It was the perfect opportunity to put my new outfit on. Shocking I know. New clothes are rare for me now a days but I was in need of some beautiful summer pieces. I picked out this beautiful white blouse from the Womens tops section on JD Williams. I adore denim skirts and this beauty had to be mine. It buttons all the way down and I finished it off with a belt to bring it into my waist. And off course Sandals are a summer essential. I adore anything strappy and these fit the bill. They are also really comfortable which is always a great thing.

Strawberry Picking In Norfolk

Strawberry Picking In Norfolk

Strawberry Picking In Norfolk

It was a lovely morning and we want to go back for more. You can't beat local fruit it tastes so good. I can't wait for the summer holidays to begin so we can cross more things off our list. 

Have you been strawberry picking this year?

The clothes were kindly sent to me from JD Williams. All words and opinions are my own. Thank you to brands who continue to support Little Paper Swans. 

We visited Blofield PYO in Norfolk. 
0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.