Carrot Noodle Pad Thai Recipe

Friday, June 23, 2017




You know what, I've not moaned about the weather enough and as a Brit it is my right to do so. So here it goes. It's bloody hot isn't it! It's starting to cool down but we've still got a good few months of warmer weather to go and I don't know about you but I just can't be bothered to cook in this heat. So simple recipes that mean I don't have to slave over a hot stove are winning me over at the moment. 

Now I'm a little bit behind on the food craze that is spiralising but I'm pretty in love with it. It makes getting vegetables into Edith so much easier. Even fruit spiralised is her favourite and anything that helps me to get healthy food into Edith is a winner too. 

I think what put me off spiralising was the faff of a cheap one that you do yourself, I'm pretty lazy and cleaning it up I just couldn't face. But an electric one, that does it in seconds. Yes please. I'm a little bit in love with it, it was such a great price too. TJ Hughes stock a great range of cheap food processors and blenders which saves you slaving away in this heat! 

This recipe takes around 10 minutes to prepare, it's pretty healthy too and so simple. I keep making this for my lunch, you could even pack some up to take on a picnic. 


Carrot Noodle Pad Thai

- Serves 2 - 


1 tablespoon of low sugar peanut butter

1 teaspoon of sesame oil

1 tablespoon of honey

2 cloves of garlic, crushed and finely chopped.

1 red chilli, chopped (de-seed if you don't like too spicy)

handful of lightly salted peanuts

3 large carrots, spiralised. 

1 tablespoon of olive oil



Add the tablespoon of oil to a large wok, heat gently.

Add in the carrots and gently heat up for around 3 minutes.

In a bowl add the remaining ingredients other than the peanuts. Whisk together and create a sauce.

Add in the sauce and coat the noodles.

Add in half of the peanuts and cook for a further 3 minutes.

Dish up onto plates and sprinkle the remaining peanuts over the top.

Serve. 

The spiraliser was kindly sent to us from TJ Hughes. All words and opinions are my own. Thank you to brands who continue to support Little Paper Swans. 


0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.