#BIBs2017 Finalist - A Heartfelt Thank You

Wednesday, June 21, 2017



Well this is a blog post I certainly didn't think I would be writing. On Monday afternoon and email landed in my inbox. Now I don't get much time during the day as I spend it with Edith so I quickly glanced at it. Suddenly I realised that it was a serious one. I opened it up and there in writing it said "Celebration!" and then went on to tell me that I am a Brit Mums Brilliance In Blogging Award Finalist in the family category. I'm not going to lie, it kind of didn't sink in. I thought to begin oh that's good. And now I feel so thankful, so proud and a little bit nervous. I really can't believe that my blog is up there.

I've been blogging for over 5 years and it started as a fashion blog and a way to express creativity. It filled the void I needed. I had lost my Dad two years previously and having something to focus on was a great thing. It also filled the void for my creativity. I was in the middle of a photography degree at uni. I hated it. It wasn't what I was expecting at all. I expected to be creating beautiful images but it just wasn't like that it was full of critique and often quite negative. It drained me, creating blog posts gave me energy again.

My blog has seen me through moving from my family home, living with my then boyfriend (now my husband!). It's seen me through two miscarriages, a healthy pregnancy, the birth of my beautiful daughter, who we longed so much for. It's seen me through the newborn days, planning a wedding, getting married. It's seen me through becoming self employed, hell it's turned into my job. I owe this blog an awful lot. It's kept me sane, it's kept my creativity levels up and it's inspired me to push myself further and create a wonderful life for me and my family. 




This finalist status makes all those late nights, meeting deadlines, going out just to take photographs and even making my husband wait to eat meals, so I could photograph them first, worth it. 

I owe everything to you guys my beautiful readers. Thank you for your support, it honestly means the world to me. 

I also owe my husband and daughter and awful lot, as without them I wouldn't be a finalist in the Family catergory. 

I'm up against some big names, but hey, everyone likes an underdog right? I would love your support on this one too. Do you think you could spare a moment to vote?

Once again a huge thank you. You don't know how happy you've made me.

BritMums
1 Reply

1 comment

  1. Congratulations this is such a lovely post and gorgeous gorgeous photos as always. Good luck too xx

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.