Chocolate Trifle.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015



food, blog, blogger, uk, trifle, chocolate, easy, homemade, diy, left overs, chocolate, cake

food, blog, blogger, uk, trifle, chocolate, easy, homemade, diy, left overs, chocolate, cake
Last week marked 3 years of this blog. Can you believe it? I really love my little space on the internet and my blog has really grown since then. Long gone are the beauty posts and fashion posts aren't as frequent as they used to be but they've all made space for food and lifestyle posts which are my favourite by far. I would love for my blog to grown more but in all honesty I run out of time, which is sad but I guess it's just one of those things. 

So to celebrate I made trifle. What says celebration better than trifle? The real reason for trifle is because after making the little chocolate cakes in the last post I had leftover cake. I was tempted just to eat it all but then I decided that it would make a great base for a chocolate trifle so I started looking at ideas and this is what I came up with. It's chocolately and delicious and the perfect winter treat.


You will need:
leftover cake
300ml double cream
1 pint of milk
custard powder
40g cocoa powder
2 tbsp caster sugar

First of all you need to make the chocolate custard. I just followed the instructions on the back of the custard powder and added 40g cocoa powder and the 2 tbsp of caste sugar to sweeten.

Once you've made the chocolate custard leave to cool completely. Once cool start whipping up the double cream into soft peaks.

To assemble the trifle. Crumble the cake into the bottom of a large bowl add a layer of cream and a layer of custard. Add another layer of cake and custard and then one final layer of cream on top. 

Dust the top with cocoa powder if you like or chocolate shavings. 

Enjoy!

(The trifle will keep covered in the fridge for 2 days)
0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.