[Baby] How To Get Your Baby To Sleep

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

baby, cosleeping, cosleeper, newborn, sleep, parent, mummy, blog, blogger, uk, lifestyle


OK I feel bad. I lied. I don't know a miracle cure to get your baby to sleep and Edith has only slept through the night once but things did get a whole lot smoother when we introduced a co-sleeper. 

My sister had very kindly given us the Moses basket she used for both of my nephews. We thought that was great as it meant we didn't have to buy a whole new basket just a new mattress. Edith had decided by the time she was 2 weeks old that her and the basket didn't get on. She would wake herself up hitting her arms on the side and was generally a lot less settled. It was time for something bigger. After a lot of research, reading reviews, watching videos  and having a good old think about what we could do we decided on a co-sleeper. 

baby, cosleeping, cosleeper, newborn, sleep, parent, mummy, blog, blogger, uk, lifestyle


Now co-sleeping where the baby is actually in the bed with you I'm not comfortable with. I have nothing against it but I'd be too scared to move and constantly worry about crushing her. So co-sleeping in that respect was a no. However there are this incredibly handy inventions that attach to the side of your bed. It's the best of both worlds. No fear of rolling onto your baby but close enough to you, it's also makes feeding a hell of a lot easier. No crouching over a basket. In fact you don't even have to leave your covers, which is always a win for me!



We settled for the Chicco next to me. I'm not going to lie it is expensive compared to a Moses basket but it's worth every penny if you can get a good nights sleep. It's the cheapest branded co-sleeper around and it's bloody wonderful. The space was perfect for Edith. Enough space for her to have her arms wherever she wanted but not too much that she felt lost. The problem of her waking up from hitting her hands had gone. 

It was really easy to assemble and I did it myself, although I can remember having to take a couple of breaks to feed Edith. We have a divan bed and I was a little worried that it wouldn't work but the straps to hold the co-sleeper in place are adjustable which means it would fit perfectly to any type of bed. It was a great investment for us and it will see Edith up until she's ready to move into her cot. We can then fold away the co-sleeper ready for the next baby! The co-sleeper has worked wonders for us and I'm rather glad we purchased one.

This post is not in collaboration with Chicco. I'm just sharing my views on the product.


0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.