[Food] Valentines Chocolate Tarts with Lindt

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

valentines, chocolate, tarts, recipe, blog, blogger, uk, lifestyle, recipe, lindt, lindor, milk, truffles, baked, bourbon,

valentines, chocolate, tarts, recipe, blog, blogger, uk, lifestyle, recipe, lindt, lindor, milk, truffles, baked, bourbon,

February is here and with it brings many events. It is one busy month for us. The 9th is my birthday and also pancake day this year (I'll definitely be on the birthday pancakes!), the 12th is my Mr (to-be)'s birthday, then Valentine's day on the 14th. The Mr (to-be)'s niece's birthday on the 18th, then our anniversary and wedding day on the 27th. And breathe. It's one busy month.

We've never been a couple to celebrate Valentine's with lavish gifts as we have way too much going on but we always make time for food, of course. We've taken it in turns to cook for each other and this year I think we're just going to get takeaway and have a cosy night in with Edith. However it's not Valentine's day without a bit of chocolate and I've got that covered. I hate blow my own trumpet (I love that expression!) but these beauties are probably one of the tastiest chocolate tarts. Well one of the best I've had. 

The bourbon and butter base melt into the filling wonderfully and it tastes like a gooey brownie. Inside the tart is a Lindt Lindor Milk Truffle. Which oozes chocolate once you cut into it, if served warm. These tarts are best served warm with a big dollop of extra thick cream, however you can have them once they've cooled and they still taste spectacular. 

I'm terrible at portion size, I'm blaming my mum for that one, she can not cut you a small portion of cake! So this recipe makes 4, but that does mean two each or one for the next day. Or why not turn into Jack Valentine, spread the love and share with friends. Or you could just eat all 4 to yourself.

valentines, chocolate, tarts, recipe, blog, blogger, uk, lifestyle, recipe, lindt, lindor, milk, truffles, baked, bourbon,


Valentines Chocolate Tarts

- Makes 4 individual tarts - 

100g bourbon creams

50g salted butter


45g salted butter

100g dark chocolate


40ml double cream

1 egg

25g sugar

4, 10cm loose bottomed tart tins


- Place the Lindt Lindor Milk Truffles into the freezer.

- Pre-heat the oven to 150ºC/ Gas 2.

- In a food processor blitz the bourbons until they resemble a fine sand.

- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter on a low setting.

- Combine the butter and biscuit crumbs until well coated. Place into your tart tins. There's no need to grease the tins as the butter in the base will be enough.

- Smooth the base down with the back of the spoon and set aside.

- In a bowl combine the butter and chocolate and melt in the microwave. Leave to cool slightly.

- In a seperate bowl add the double cream, egg and sugar and whisk lightly until combined.

- Pour in the melted chocolate and butter mixture and stir.

- Chop the Lindt Lindor Milk Truffles in half and place on top of the bourbon base.

- Pour the chocolate mixture over the bourbon base and truffles and place the tart tins onto a baking tray.

- Bake for 15 minutes. Until the edges have cooked.

- Leave to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from the tins and serve.

In collaboration with Lindt. All views and opinions are my own. Read my full disclaimer here.

1 Reply

1 comment

  1. Oh wow these look delicious! I'll definitely have to keep these for the recipe book, I'd probably just eat all four to myself though aha!

    I hope you have a lovely month, definitely sounds like a busy one, I'm sure it'll be amazing :)

    Issy | MissIsGoode xox

    ReplyDelete

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.