Chocolate Oat Milk Shake - Dairy Free

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Dairy free chocolate oat milk shake. Make your own oat milk for a healthier treat.

Dairy free chocolate oat milk shake. Make your own oat milk for a healthier treat.

Sometimes I worry that you guys might get offended my my "recipes". This is another one that you can hardly call a recipe but then aren't they the best kind of recipes, the ones you don't have to think about? After a lot of Easter chocolate consumption (and it's not even Easter yet!) I decided that I should probably balance things out a little. Now we do eat a pretty healthy diet anyway but I love finding ways to get a few healthy treats in.

I am not one for feeling guilty about the food I eat. It's all about moderation and it's "diet" that's always worked for me. Yeah I had Mc Donalds yesterday but then I had a healthy evening meal packed full of veg and snacked on fruit. Balance you see.

So I decided to look at ways of making my favourite things a little bit healthier. I have always loved milkshake but I normally opt for strawberry but recently chocolate has been my go to. So I decided to experiment with making my own oat milk. Which is so much easier than I ever thought it would be. And here we are. The Chocolate Oat Milk Shake. It's dairy free and gluten free and simple to make. It's a lot healthier that most milkshakes too so it makes a great treat for kids too!


Dairy free chocolate oat milk shake. Make your own oat milk for a healthier treat.


Chocolate Oat Milk Shake

- Makes 2 - 

1 cup (a normal tea mug will be fine) porridge oats

3 cups water

1 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened) 

1 tbsp natural honey

1 tsp vanilla extract


a cheesecloth or muslin for straining



In a blender jug combine the all of the ingredients. Blend for 2 minutes.

After blending strain the mixture through the cheesecloth so remove any remaining oats.

Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours. 

The mixture may have separated a little so stir to combine.

Serve. 


0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.