A Trip To: East Ruston Old Vicarage

Monday, July 10, 2017





I'm starting to catch up on sharing all our days out in the "A Trip To" series. We are working our way through the list and there's still 2 weeks to go until the summer holidays have officially started. We visited the gardens at East Ruston back in June. I had an engagement shoot booked there and we decided to tie it in with a family visit. While I went off and worked my husband, mum and Edith went and explored the gardens.

 I had been a long time ago, maybe around 10 or so years ago, since I last visited with my Mum and Dad. My Mum and I have always wanted to go back and every summer we say that we're going to go there and we never do. We finally ticked it off our list and I'm so glad we did. It's absolutely beautiful. A trip to a gardens isn't my husbands ideal trip out but even he enjoyed himself. In fact we all did. After I had finished my engagement shoot we searched for the cafe as it was a hot day and we were in desperate need of a drink. 

While we sat in the gardens drinking cups of tea and eating scones a little bird flew down onto the spare chair beside us. Edith in true Edith fashion told the bird to shoo shoo, something Nanny taught her, but we told her to stop so we could see what the bird would do. They must be used to noisy children as it didn't even flinch. The bird happily flew from table to table gathering up crumbs wherever he could. We did a little more exploring after our tea rooms stop and of course took lots of gorgeous photos. I honestly could have spent all afternoon there. 










There is so much to explore and see and Edith loved running in and out of the hedges. She also loved the friendly dog and cat who live their too. She tried to feed the dog the dog biscuit that was laying beside him but he wasn't interested. Poor old thing. If you're in the Norfolk area and want a beautiful place to explore I couldn't recommend it enough. It's just a beautiful way to spend an afternoon. 

0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.