Caramel Apple Rose Tarts

Thursday, July 06, 2017




It's been a while since I shared a recipe post but I've got a coupled lined up. I had to share this recipe as it's so easy. This tarts look pretty impressive but they are actually easy to eat. I whipped these up one Wednesday afternoon with a toddler around my ankles. We had friends over for a dinner party. Yeah we're now those kind of people who have dinner parties, haha. In all honesty I love cooking for other people and these went down a treat. I even liked them and I really don't cooked fruit. 

When I saw the recipe for these on Pinterest I thought they might be too difficult to make and they would turn into a pinterest fail. I adapted the recipe to include the caramel because if there's one thing that makes things better it's caramel. It worked so well and created a beautiful caramel sauce inside.

These tarts are the perfect summer dessert. I served them up with a big dollop of clotted cream ice cream.  




Caramel Apple Rose Tarts

- Makes 6 - 

3 red skinned apples

320g ready to roll puff pastry

397g tinned caramel


Cut the apples in half, remove the core and cut the apples into thin slices.

Leave the peel so it will give the red colour to your roses.

Microwave the apples in a bowl for about 3 minutes, to make them slightly softer and easy to roll. The apple slices should be cooked just enough to bend without breaking. 

Roll the dough out and cut into six slices.

Spread a layer of caramel on each strip of dough.

Preheat the oven to 190 ยบ C/Gas 5. 

Arrange the apple slices on the dough, overlapping one another. Leave the skins showing at the top.

Fold up the bottom part of the dough.

Starting from one end, carefully roll the dough, keeping the apple slices in place. 

Seal the edge at the end, pressing with your finger, and place in a greased cupcake tin.

Do the same for all 6 roses. Bake for about 30 minutes, until fully cooked.

Adapted from Cooking with Manuela.


0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.