Rosemary & Sea Salt Roasted New Potatoes

Thursday, July 13, 2017





Every Sunday we visit my Mum. Edith loves seeing her Nanny and we normally spend most of the afternoon in the garden. I noticed that my mum had rosemary growing in her garden and I couldn't resist asking if I could pinch some. I'm not the biggest fan of rosemary as it can sometimes be too overpowering but when it's done right it's oh so good. It compliments new potatoes so well and I knew that I had to create this dish with the rosemary. Adding the right amount adds such a delicate flavour and it compliments the sea salt too. I think that roasted new potatoes are one of my favourite ways to eat new potatoes. One of my favourites, as my Mum's potato salad is also another highlight. 

This dish would be a great dish to serve up at a BBQ or family gathering. Also I think these can be served cold too. I ate a few of the leftovers cold and they still tasted amazing. This is a real summer dish.






Rosemary & Sea Salt Roasted New Potatoes

- Serves 4 - 

1kg new potatoes

a few sprigs of fresh rosemary

sea salt

cracked black pepper

2 tbsp olive oil

serve with Camembert & crispy bacon

Pre-heat the oven to 190C/ Gas 5. 

Add the potatoes to a medium pan, cover with water and bring to the boil.

Simmer for 10 minutes until slightly soft. Drain.

In a roasting tin sprinkle sea salt, black pepper and rosemary sprigs. Drizzle over the olive oil and add in the potatoes. 

Mix until the potatoes are covered.

Roast for 30-40 minutes, until crispy and golden.

Serve.

0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.