September's Glossy Box!

Wednesday, October 03, 2012









This months Glossybox was designed by Maggie Li. How cute is this design? You can watch a video on Youtube and see her make the design. I want all Glossybox's to look like this. Anyway onto the box.

The first product was the Rodial Glamoxy Snake Serum - £127 full size. There is no way I would ever try a product costing £127 for a full size bottle. But getting these little samples are the perfect way to try this way out of your price range. I really loved this serum and my mum used it to. The serum is aimed at older women and my mum loved it a lot more than I did. It made her skin look radiant and plumped.

I also received a Rodial Five Minute Facial - £35 full size. We used these samples before the serum. The mask was amazing and I love a good face mask. It has very similar effects to serum and leaves your skin feeling nourished and beautiful. I'd rather pay £35 for a face mask that £127 for the serum.

The next product is one I have tried before as Glamour magazine were giving it away a few months ago and I brought it for my mum. The Balance Me Eye Cream - £20 full size. I like this cream but I see no visible difference when I use it. It makes the skin around my eyes feel soft but that's about all. I don't think I would buy this full size!

The next product is a hit and miss with most, fragrance samples! I don't mind receiving one every now and then. This sample was Lady Gaga Fame - £25.32 (random price?) full size. I found the fragrance to be too sweet and sickly for my taste. I like more sophisticated smells and this just doesn't smell good on me.

I loved The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream - £9 full size. I have the vitamin e serum so I knew that I would probably love this. And this sample has just confirmed it. I will be buying another tub of this as soon as I have used this one up!

The last product was a Loreal Professional Full Volume Extra  Mousse - £10.50 full size. I haven't used a hair mousse in a long time and I kind of liked this. I'm not a massive mousse fan, it can leave my hair greasy and sticky but this was alright. I preferred the product that came with it the Loreal Professional Tecni Art Liss Control Serum £10.70 full size. This made my hair lovely and smooth and I preferred this. I don't think I'll buy either product to be honest!

I'm happy with the box overall, not the best, not the worst. The design of the box was definitely the best thing!

0 Replies

Post a Comment

© Little Paper Swans. Design by Fearne.